Laws allowing gays and lesbians to marry
Retrieved August 25, Von Steuben escaped Germany where he was threatened with prosecution for homosexuality. Congress repealed sodomy laws in the U. Windsor sued the government in late Supporters of same-sex marriage won key victories in several states Tuesday, including the first instances in which laws allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally were approved by voters.
Eastern cape gay dating site – Weldmountsystems
- Northern Ireland is the 18th European jurisdiction to legalize gay marriage. A similar provision including sterilization also existed in Sweden, but was phased out in
- Retrieved May 23, In August , a lawyer in El Salvador filed a lawsuit before the country's Supreme Court asking for the nullification of Article 11 of the Family Code, which defines marriage as a heterosexual union.
- In Mexico, some jurisdictions allow same-sex couples to wed, while others do not. Schaefer , dropped their defense of the state's same-sex marriage ban.
- More than 25 years of research have documented that there is no relationship between parents' sexual orientation and any measure of a child's emotional, psychosocial, and behavioral adjustment.
- Retrieved November 7, Artboard 1 Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
- On 12 February , the National Assembly approved the entire bill in a — vote.
Article 1 of the bill defining marriage as an agreement between two people was passed on 2 February in its first reading by a —97 vote. See also: LGBT rights opposition. Rights and responsibilities of marriages in the United States.
There are differing positions regarding the manner in which same-sex marriage has been introduced into democratic jurisdictions. The bill will allow full legal marriage rights for same-sex couples and also offers limited adoption rights.
The IRS recognizes same-sex married couples.