I ve never bought the argument that gay marriage— i
The only problem with that is in countries and states where they have same sex marriage, the divorce rate of a man-man marriage is HALF that of opposite sex couples. Plus: Trump tries to expand trade war, new findings on sexual harrassment and physical attraction, and more Reason's Annual Webathon is underway!
I am pleased that both Pro and myself have been able to establish middle ground in our unanimous wish of good luck to Pro! Now I have a reasonable argument as to why gay marriage should be legal because my religious parents disagree that it shouldn't.
I can't imagine that legalizing gay marriage would reduce birthrates - homosexuals are going to be homosexual whether or not they can obtain a marriage license.
Become the largest gay social network in the world with
- New Delhi: Yoda Press. This is stated in a chapter named "Lut" in the Quran.
- By the end of the 18th century, the world had changed.
- If you really cared about your cousin then you'd find a valid way to argue for your cousin's right to be married. So although it is indeed true that several things threaten the so-called "institution" of marriage, for example, relationships which are based on money over love or on green cards over lifelong commitment, and the high divorce rate should be enough evidence of this, homosexuality, and the attached arguments against gay marriage, should not be one of them.
- However, I would ask Pro, what are you then, during those few hours, if not a human being?
- You're just going to have to deal with it. Comments comments.
- Although these points are a bit of a side note to the main thrust of my arguments, I am curious to see how Pro will respond to these objections.
Many supporters of same sex marriages argue   that, by defining the institution of marriage as between one man and one woman, the state automatically tramples upon the constitutional rights to freedom of religion. Nevertheless, I don't think that the case for change is anywhere near as convincing as its proponents think it is.
But that was irrelevant; it should be allowed. If religion is removed from society, how will people with the same beliefs and values connect? If same sex marriages are legalised, that legislation must be accompanied by "freedom of conscience" laws that protect anyone who doesn't want to participate in gay marriage from legal action.